On 20/08/2012 23:00, Bart wrote:
On 8/20/12, Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hesterm...@gmx.de> wrote:

Well, it is a bad idea to wildly scan directory branches "just in case" at
all.
In the context of the converter it is not a "just in case" scenario.

My Delphi projects are located like this:

F:\Delphi Projecten //all my projects reside in a subfolder of this
F:\Delphi Projecten\Mijn Lib   //general prupose units
F:\Delphi Projecten\PasParser
F:\Delphi Projecten\Endurance Calculator
F:\Delphi Projecten\HtmlEdit
F:\Delphi Projecten\etc.

So in order to find the nldlg32 unit that the PasParser project uses,
the converter has to look in my "Mijn Lib" folder.

As Juha has pointed out, this is a general way projects are organized.
Hence this particular search strategy.

Well I am not myself a user of the converter.
But even if files are organized like this, then there may be several versions of the "Mijn Lib" (or one of the units that should be found there, is also in another folder). Then the converter can't know...

IMHO, if should ask which additional path to scan, for required units. The parent dir can be set in the options, then it can be configured once and for all.