Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 2012-10-17 10:10, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
Some slack would be desirable: stable is 2.6.0 but there are known
issues which are fixed by 2.6.1.

Nope, the FPC developers made the rules quite clear! Not even the fixes
branch is guaranteed to compile FPC Trunk. ONLY the last released FPC is
guaranteed. I have even stumbled over this too, where the fixes branch
couldn't compile FPC Trunk, but the latest released version could.

Graeme, I know what policy is. However I'd point out that right now you /need/ 2.6.1 to compile FPC for SPARC due to code generation issues, and there have previously been similar problems with ARM while FP stuff was work-in-progress.

So saying "if it won't compile with stable then sod off" isn't helpful.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk