Am 24.04.2013 09:35, schrieb Marco van de Voort:

The Windows TThread.SysDestroy also calls CloseHandle on the handle
returned by BeginThread, so the semantic behavior of
Begin-/End-/CloseThread and TThread is the same.

Nevertheless in my opinion TThread needs to be adjusted so that it calls
CloseThread for all RTLs and the direct CloseHandle call needs to be
removed. And this is exactly what I will do now...
If it makes you happy, but IMHO it is pointless.

No, it's not pointless. If we should ever have the need to add code to the CloseThread functions of other platforms then we don't need to adjust the platform specific TThread implementations. TThread uses BeginThread (and also EndThread) and thus by definition it should also use CloseThread (the only exception is the old BeOS threading implementation, but this is only kept around for reference).

TThread is "just" an object oriented wrapper around the procedural threading API, so it must adhere to its rules as well.

Regards,
Sven