On 2013-04-26 22:53, Jonas Maebe wrote:

On 26 Apr 2013, at 22:37, Torsten Bonde Christiansen wrote:

I'm trying to follow this guide:http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_JVM/Building

But when i reach the point where i do the actual compilation fail
with the following output:

torsten@epidata:~/FreePascal/fpc-trunk$ make all crossinstall CROSSOPT="-O2 -g" CPU_TARGET=jvm OS_TARGET=android INSTALL_PREFIX=~/fpc

This command does not match what is written on the wiki page you refer to above.
True, but i thought that the order of defines and make targets didn't matte? The only other part i left out was the FPCMAKE, but since the fpcmake i created i now located where the old one used to be I do not think that should matter either?

make: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found

This means that no fpc binary can be found in the path. This error is unrelated to building the JVM compiler specifically, it will happen regardless of what kind of compiler you try to build. Did you perform a standard installation of FPC 2.6.2 and is its installation directory in your path?
I build fpc from scratch with my own settings, but all is installed into ~/fpc/... My path contains ~/fpc/bin in which i symlink to the different compilers and crosscompilers.

Additionally, the merge of the 8086 branch broke several things in the compiler (but that's unrelated to the error you get above), so you may encounter other errors once you fix your configuration. For now, I would recommend sticking to r24323 of trunk (regardless of which platform you use).

I "downgraded" to r24323, but still the same issue, even when reordering the defines and make targets. The actual error from make seem to be this though:

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/torsten/FreePascal/fpc-trunk/compiler'
make -C  clean  <=== "clean" is not a director, perhaps it is a target?
make: Entering an unknown directory
make: *** clean: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: Leaving an unknown directory

Regards,
Torsten.