On 1/23/2014 5:01 AM, Lukasz Sokol wrote:

Maybe Something like: (but this is with type TOptionMinMax = [mmNone,
mmMin,mmMinMax, mmMax])

i wanted to thank you, lukasz, for your input... it has made me take another look while rewriting to implement your ideas...

during this process i had an epiphany... that being that i don't need three individual states for each option since one of those states is ANDing two of those states... since i'm ANDing all valid possibilities anyway, this will free up 5 'bits' or 'scores' leaving room for more options if needed in the future... it will also lessen the complexity of the CASE "decision tree" but not by very much...

with the above epiphany and some other information i have acquired, i'm now in the process of rewriting the app... i suspect it will take me a day or two to get to the point i was at previously with the operational and in-use code but i still wanted to say thanks to you and others who provided ideas, insights and information ;) :)