On 2/19/2014 8:30 PM, Paul Breneman wrote:
On 02/19/2014 03:06 PM, waldo kitty wrote:
any help is appreciated and thanks for reading this quite possibly
rambling post emanating from my scrambled brain cells...

FPC DOS is pretty easy for a console program, but it is 32-bit (whereas DOS is
16-bit) so it isn't as simple as Turbo Pascal.

yes, that's what i'm seeing, too... i mean, the coding isn't a real problem... but trying to handle data from old 16bit applications can be problematic in some cases...

I think my most enjoyable work ever was during the past 3.5 years, using Turbo
Pascal on expensive real-time embedded equipment.

i still get a lot of enjoyment with what i do with my old TP6 and BP7 installations... but i stay very basic in them for the most part... only rarely have i used PChar (for example) or similar constructions... i have been having fun with a new app i've been playing with for several years that's written completely with FPC... lots of pointer suff for strings and lists being used there... switching gears between the two ""styles"" is rough at times :)

There is a 5 MB zip here that should make it easy to get started with FPC for
DOS:
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/helloworld.htm

thank you, sir! i shall take a look :)