On 11 Apr 2014 21:39, "Mark Morgan Lloyd" <
markmll.fpc-pas...@telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

> waldo kitty wrote:
>>
>> On 4/11/2014 3:06 PM, Krzysztof wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Does FPC have some file watching solution? I need this only for linux.
>>> I need notifications:
>>> - File/folder changed / removed / added in watched directory. I have
>>> idea how to do this in thread loop but maybe FPC has OS solution
>>

>> i'm interested in this, as well... i have an app in perl that i'm
considering rewriting in FPC... in that app, i had to specifically grab the
attributes of the files the app watches and compare those values to
previously stored values...

> I believe Linux has dnotify, inotify and possibly File Alteration
Monitor, but that these are  version-dependant and extremely dependant on
distro policies. Because of this uncertainty it would be necessary to load
the support libraries dynamically.

inotify replaced dnotify many years ago (both are in kernel, so no
libraries needed). I don't know what FAM is useful for.

Henry