On 4/14/2014 12:54 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 12:29:00 -0400
waldo kitty <wkitt...@windstream.net> wrote:

when i try to compile a program on my non-GUI linux, it tells me that it can't
find the programs... hunh?

fpc -FUlib/$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS) foo.pas

These are Lazarus macros.

oh! hummm...

so how do i use macros to tell fpc where to place the unit libraries on linux
like i do for winwhatever??

fpc macro example:
fpc -FUlib/\$fpctarget foo.pas

i believe i tried that... i'll give it another go, though...

and yes, i do note the \$ escape to prevent the shell from attempting to frak it up for me :lol: i did try that on the above, too, and also escaping the parens but came here out of frustration when nothing i was doing was working properly...

[time passes]

yes! thanks! :)

this also tells me what i need to do for a couple of other projects O:)