On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys <
mailingli...@geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

> My plan is to develop a 100% non-GUI-toolkit-dependent browser engine,
> which is 100% doable. The only (optional) GUI toolkit dependency would
> be the rasterizer integration for LCL or fpGUI - the last step in the
> engine pipeline.

Can it be the last step?  You need to get font information somehow for text
measurements, which should come from the "underlying" GUI toolkit only.
I can understand that you'd create some sort of wrapper class (that would
be implemented by a gui toolkit), but I doubt it could be done as the
actual last step.

thanks,
Dmitry