On Wed, 25 Mar 2015, Marc Weustink wrote:

fredvs wrote:
Hello.

Sorry to sorry to bother you with that file descriptors again... ;-(

There are some answers there on mpg123 forum.
They explain that "simple stdin/stdout file descriptors would work."
Of course all what they explained is in C ;-(

OK, but how can i use "simple stdin/stdout file descriptors" in Pascal ?
What is the code to retrieve that stdin/stdout file descriptors in Windows?

What in unix is used as filedescriptor is in general in windows used as handle (filehandle/sockethandle)

Googling for "windows msdn stdin" resulted in:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms683231%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

I've no clue why a lib should need this (and if a non console app would have any)

IMHO:
The call is needed because unlike unix, stdinput, output and error file
descriptors
are not equal to 0 1 2. So you need a call to retrieve the actual value.

The system unit calls these functions and stores the result in the variables I
mentioned.