On 08/05/2015 09:14 PM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Mark Morgan Lloyd said:
>> I think that the one thing I'd suggest to everybody is that it would be
>> highly desirable if the dangling else fix were guaranteed to break
>> Pascal syntax. As such  end if;  etc. might be a better choice
> If you start a different language, yes, the block system would be number one.
> Do away
> with oneline vs multiline blocks ambiguity in general. (and not just because
> of ELSE).
>
> Second would be a different procedure-block ending from just "end;" though
> the M2 way
> of end "procedurename" is unnecessary hard to maintain. end proc; or end
> function would be just fine.

You mean something like Ada?

while true loop
    if false then
        --whatever
    else
        --ditto
    end if;
end loop;

(although functions/procedures are terminated using `end
<functionname>;` as well)

Extra feature: inherent concurrency support. I don't know about classes
or generics, those will probably be in an newer standard. But who needs
those?

--
Ewald