On Fri, 7 Aug 2015, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Chris Moody
<inqu...@greensnakedesign.com> wrote:
For my current project, I download a file from a server that contains JSON
code. I'm not sure how to read it into something that GetJSON is able to
handle.

My first thought was using TStrings, however not sure how to convert a
TString into TStream.

I do it like this, with TStringStream:

 lStrings := TStringList.Create;
 try
   lStrings.LoadFromFile(AFile);

   // Parse JSON data
   lStream := TStringStream.Create(lStrings.Text);
   lParser := TJSONParser.Create(lStream);
   try
     lParser.Strict := False;
     lData := lParser.Parse;
   finally
     lParser.Free;
     lStream.Free;
   end;

Well, in my particular case I use TStringList because I pre-process
the data, removing comments which are not allowed in JSON.

As it happens, I have yesterday committed an extension which allows you to specify that the JSON supports comments.

s/supports/contains/  ,  obviously.