On Sat, 03 Oct 2015 17:29:28 +0800, Dennis
<de...@avidsoft.com.hk> wrote:

>Would you be kind enough to save your SD Card into an image file and
>share with us?
>If you don't have the  web space needed, please kindly email me and I
>shall give you an ftp account of my web site.

I made an image as soon as I was done, because I had used a different
card to install Wheezy from the one I bought for the purpose. So I had
to image the replacement card and then write it to the original
(Jessie) card.

It turns out that the SDcard image is gigantic! It holds 4-5 GB worth
of used space as reported on the command line:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo df -h
rootfs           29G  4.8G   23G  18% /
/dev/root        29G  4.8G   23G  18% /
devtmpfs        460M     0  460M   0% /dev
tmpfs            93M  232K   93M   1% /run
tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs           186M     0  186M   0% /run/shm
/dev/mmcblk0p1   56M   19M   37M  34% /boot

But the image file is actually almost 30 GB in size and it seems
impossible to compress it any...

The spare MicroSDcard is one I used on my phone earlier but had to
change when I ran out of space and bought a 64 GB card instead.
So I guess it holds a lot of erased but not removed data (photos and
movies) that should be cleared first before I turn it over to anyone
else.

Is there some way one can reset all unused sectors on the disk to only
contain 0xFF or Ox00?
That would make the image file compressible to a few GB and possible
to share.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden