I’m coming from the Mac and I’d like to replace some code that loads .png files
into OpenGL textures using Apple libraries that aren’t cross platform
compatible.

Does the FPC RTL contain any units for loading PNG files as bitmaps that I
could extract the pixel data from and make textures for? I was using .png but I
could use TIFF also or any other format which has an alpha channel.

I’ve found Vampyre Imaging Library but a) it’s huge and does far more than I
need and b) I haven’t been able to find all it’s various dependancies, some of
which use a newer version of OpenGL I’m not using. A small simple solution
would be best if that’s possible.

Thanks.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph