Quoting from my previous e-mail above: 'You need to tell fpc to call
compiler for the respective CPU using the -Pi386'. I.e. add '-Pi386' to
the command line options of 'fpc' (together with '-Twin32' and whatever
else you'd need there) and it should work.

Adding the -Pi386 parameter to fpc.cfg would not work (it's ignored
there); changing the default CPU to something different than the host CPU
doesn't make much sense (it would be more reasonable to install the 32-bit
compiler instead of the 64-bit compiler if you wanted to have i386 as the
default CPU target).

you mean calling through fpc -Twin32 -Pi386 ?

I tried that - got the "Error: Illegal parameter: -Twin32" again...

I'll do a make distclean;make all now for the whole thing...
perhaps that will help.

And while the machine is working I'll get some sleep...

Thanks for your patient help,

Lukas