On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Mazola Winstrol <mazofei...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I can't change the actual hierarchical structure of my classes so i can't
> use TComponent.
>
> Delphi do have an intersting way to do with serialization: they have some
> standard classes (TTypeMashaller, TConverter). If one wants to serialize to
> a new format (e.g binary format), one can extended those base classes and
> implement such serialization. Would be interesting if we create an
> infrastructure like that.

That might be handy.

In order to support Xcode project file (.pbx) structures I had to create a
stand-alone (de)serializers from scratch.
It's RTTI dependent, but is not based of TComponent.
It would also not fail, if encounters unrecognized property, instead would
keep it for the later serialization ( .pbx is undocumented and could change
without notice )

thanks,
Dmitry