On Wed, 11 May 2016, Maciej Izak wrote:

Some rtl-objpas units use classes, like fmtbcd.

If you don't use fcl-base I would make it RTL, so we can use it in fcl-base
if needed :-)

Library is low level without using anything outside RTL, IMO it should be
part of RTL like in Delphi.

Note that I need the library as part of RTL not as package. Generics.*
contains _LookupVtableInfo/_LookupVtableInfoEx and few other things which
are used for my next compiler work...

Anything the compiler needs *must* be in the system unit. The compiler
should only assume the system unit, possibly objpas or macpas or so.

All the rest should remain out of the RTL, which should be as small as
possible. So rtl-generics is your best bet. Even the classes unit is better
outside the rtl, but I think Marco is reluctant to remove it.

I have remarked on this before: this tight dependency you are creating is very worrying.