In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
> > In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
> >
> >> PS. Maybe switching to git alone may make a checkout less painful, if we
> >> may
> >> believe some supporters... But that is the topic of a separate thread :-)
> >
> > Wrong problem, better eliminate the need for repeated checkouts rather than
> > optimize them.
>
> What is wrong with
>
> svn status | grep '^?' | awk '{ print $2 }' | xargs rm -rf

C:\repo\fpc>svn status | grep '^?' | awk '{ print $2 }' | xargs rm -rf
'awk' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

And even besides the multiplatform angle, a simple

rm -rf buildwin32

would only delete one targets build files, and the source dir could be on
a different fs etc.

And there is not really a big disadvantage to having builddirs. (note I only
meant meant the practice of having build dirs as option, not configure or
anything else related to configure. A BUILD=../build to current make so to say)

> This ensures a pristine copy ?
>
> Or you can do an
>
> svn export
>
> from an already checked-out copy. This leaves you with a pristine copy too.

That's what I did when I still had a slow link. Still related to checkout
size though.