On 07/20/2016 10:29 PM, Marc Santhoff wrote:
Depending on your needs I'd suggest using a USB-to-serial-Adapter or
similar. They are cheap and well supported (e.g. using CP2102). As an
alternative FTDI has some nice USB-to-anything (including parallel)
chips and they sell modules with mil spacing pins for easy
breadboarding.

You can do *everything* via USB. :) I joked about this several years ago but then went searching and found USB to ISA slot and USB to PCI slot adapters. Folks use these to run expensive data acquisition cards.

Regards,
Paul
www.ControlPascal.com