On 2016-10-18 00:22, David Emerson wrote:
> I filed a bug against the documentation and it was marked fixed in
> 3.1.1, what's the best way to review the new version?

You'll have to have a copy of FPC's 3.1.1 source code. You will also
have to check out the latest documentation from the SubVersion
repository using the following URL.

  svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcdocs/trunk fpcdocs

Then build the documentation yourself. The build process is only
supported under Linux, though I have managed to get it to work under
FreeBSD. But as far as I know, Windows is not supported at all.

To build the PDF documentation, you will need LaTeX installed. The RTL
and FCL documentation can be built without having LaTeX installed.

Here is a custom build script I made to build RTL and FCL documentation
in the INF help format under FreeBSD.

================[ build_inf.sh ]=========================
#!/bin/bash
rm rtl.chk fcl.chk
gmake rtl.chk fcl.chk HTMLFMT=ipf FPCSRCDIR=/data/devel/fpc-3.1.1/src
FPDOC=/data/devel/fpc-3.1.1/x86_64-freebsd/bin/fpdoc

Building HTML output should be pretty much the same, but simply change
HTMLFMT's value to 'html' (if I remember correctly). Under Linux, you
will probably have to change 'gmake' to 'make' too.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/