On Mon, October 24, 2016 5:20 am, José Mejuto wrote:
> El 24/10/2016 a las 1:40, Lars escribió:
>

>> Hi, what is the status of automated conversion tools? Last I remember
>> reading about them was when I read a delphi page on how to convert
>> header files. Are you saying that nowadways you can actually convert
>> plain C code to fpc, not just header files but all C code? Just certain
>> types of C code?  Are there any competing tools or everyone uses just
>> one main tool?
>
> Hello,
>

> I don't know, wrote this tool to help me in the past to translate Zint
> barcode source

> It is far away from a real code translator,

> It uses GoldParser so maybe it only works in Windows :-?, only very
> basic "C" is handled and is mostly function by function oriented.
>
> If you want to test it I can provide .exe or source code, but do not
> expect it to translate anything far than some trivial functions.

Do you have github account... or sourceforge, I think a few other people
may find it useful...

My dream is some day to convert this:
http://duro.sourceforge.net/

to freepascal or GoLang, however I don't really feel like doing it all
manually, would rather automate a lot of it.

AFAIK it's plain C, been a while since I looked at it.

There is more C code I'd like to convert too, and I'm sure others would be
interested in your source... But it is up to you, I don't know if you just
don't feel like making it public on github or sourceforge