On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 02:07:00 +0100 (CET), "Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR)"
<char...@scenergy.dfmk.hu> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Thu, 5 Jan 2017, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> I just need the seed compiler to be able to build FPC from sources.
>> And build Lazarus of course.
>
>Then you need "ppcarm" from that archive, and nothing else. Just copy it
>whereever you want, in your home dir, or something and do:
>
>make all install FPC=<path/to/seed/ppcarm>
>INSTALL_PREFIX=<install/new/fpc/here>
>
>in the root of the SVN tree.
>
>FPC works from pretty much anywhere. You can have multiple copies in your
>home easily. It doesn't have to be installed at a certain location.

I am still a bit confused about the different options when compiling,
so I want to make a test. I have put the ppcarm from getlazarus into
this dir: ~/bin/fpc/3.0.0
I also downloaded the fpc 3.0.2RC1 sources from svn into:
~/dev/fpc/3.0.2RC1

So in order to build the fpc 3.0.2RC1 compiler I have tried applying
your command as follows (all on one line and specifying the ARM
architecture for RPi2 and RPi3 as ARM7):

make all install FPC="/home/pi/bin/fpc/3.0.0"
INSTALL_PREFIX="/home/pi/bin/fpc/3.0.2RC1" OPT="-dFPC_ARMHF"

Will this put the binaries into the /home/pi/bin/fpc/3.0.2RC1 ?

I really do not want the make install command change anything else
like symlinking to the RC1 ppcarm file.
Currently the compiler on path is:
$ which ppcarm
/usr/bin/ppcarm

And it is my production compiler, I don't want this to be changed and
I don't know what the "install" part of the make command might do...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden