On 04/05/17 20:30, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

The record that Dialedit generates to represent initial or extracted
dialogue box values has alignment and/or packing problems. There's a
comment in the source that the FreeVision sources expect dwords while
the author using a debugger believed that words were correct.
I was able to get things working adequately by assuming that the correct
type for a RadioButton was a byte, and that the CheckBoxes the followed
it were..., well something larger but I'm still not sure what.

In case anybody ever digs more deeply into Dialedit, I've got dialogs working fairly well by making sure that LineEdit controls have strings that are multiple of 8 bytes (i.e. lengths 15, 31 and so on). RadioButtons values appear to be a byte, CheckBoxes possibly a word. Working on ARM, i386, x86_64; part-working on SPARC which I think indicates an endianness issue somewhere, untested on PPC and MIPS.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk