On 2017-05-15 17:37, James Richters wrote:
I have managed to get ptcgraph and ptccrt to work with my program and
I can report that there is an AMAZING increase in graphics
performance!   It is pretty much a drop in replacement and I did not
change any compiler settings.  I did have to make a few minor changes
to get it to work, not enough to change the speed of anything.

So it can't be an fpc problem, but a unit module problem that someone didn't spend time optimizing which has little to do with fpc but more to do with the way the units were written?

Or is the ptcgraph/ptccrt in assembly code to avoid FPC mode objcfpc compilation and use assembly instead? Sorry I have not looked at it.. don't know.