On 2017-05-23 09:52, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-pascal wrote:
   I've searched but I didn't find any example on how to compress /
decompress in blocks .

Take a look at how it is done in tiOPF. The unit is pretty stand-alone, so you don’t need to use the rest of tiOPF to make use of this unit.

https://sourceforge.net/p/tiopf/code/ci/tiopf2/tree/Options/tiCompressZLib.pas

The code should be self explanatory. There is even a tiCompressNone.pas which is great for testing purposes.

If you still don’t know how to use the unit, take a look at the unit tests, in the “UnitTests” directory, for detailed usage examples.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/