Sven Barth to Anton Shepelev:

>>According  to Borland's official language guide to
>>Turbo Pascal 7.0,
>>
>>  To be used as procedural values, procedures  and
>>  functions  must  be declared with a 'far' direc-
>>  tive or compiled in the '{$F+}' state.
>>
>>whereas Free Pascal in -Mtp seems  to  accept  any
>>non-system  procedure  or function as a value of a
>>procedural type.  Is it an instance of  TP  incom-
>>patibilty or am I missing something?
>
>That  would probably be only relevant on i8086. All
>the other targets don't  have  the  distinction  in
>"near"  and "far", so it's not necessary to artifi-
>cially restrict everything.

But this is from the  Language  guide -- a  document
that  descrbes  the  language in a platform-agnostic
way, except when the contrary is  explicitly  inidi-
cated.   Where  Turbo Pascal did not accept a proce-
dure without the 'far' modifier, one  should  expect
Free Pascal to reject it also in 'TP' mode.

--
Please, do not forward replies to the list to my e-mail.