Am 22.10.2017 10:51 schrieb "Dominik Rappaport" <domi...@rappaport.at>:

Hi,

I hope this question is not part of the FAQ list. What are the plans for
FPC as to the support of the various ISO modes of Pascal? At the moment,
there is a switch to enable "ISO" mode, but it's unclear to me which ISO
standard this option enforces (Standard Pascal 1983 or 1990 or Extended
Pascal). In particular, because even some features from Standard Pascal are
missing:

 The ISO mode refers to Standard Pascal. In trunk there's also a new
work-in-progress ExtPas mode.

For example, FPC:

1. Doesn't raise an error or warning if the wrong order of statements (var
before type) is specified, as mandated by Standard Pascal
2. Doesn't raise an error or warning if "(input, output)" or an equivalent
statement is missing after "program", as mandated by Standard Pascal

Patches welcome.

3. Doesn't implement the get and put procedure
4. Doesn't support Standard Pascal I/O (like f^ as the current input/output)

AFAIK these should be implemented in trunk.

5. Doesn't implement conformant arrays

It might be that these are supported in trunk as well, but I'm not sure.

I've found an old statement where you referred everybody looking for strict
ISO compliance to GNU Pascal. However, GNU Pascal has been discontinued, so
the question arises, whether FPC is going to support a "strict
Standard/Extended Pascal mode" (ideally both) with a full support of these
standards.

Trunk supports Standard Pascal good enough that the P5 code can be compiled
without changes. And yes, the end goal is to have full support for both
standards (especially for ExtPas, which is still in its infancy, patches
are welcome).

Regards,
Sven