On 03/06/18 14:30, Ryan Joseph wrote:
On Jun 3, 2018, at 9:07 PM, Marco van de Voort <mar...@stack.nl> wrote:> > But nobody + an item to
their item list. The operator is "+" not "add".
What other operators could be used then? There’s only so many characters on the
keyboard after all.
My only interest is because it’s fast to type and looks nice. Swift allows you
to overload any operator in the unicode set so we could make up our own crazy
stuff. :)
list • 1; // list.Add(1);

All of the predefined ones have the problem of clashing with arithmetic use in numeric vectors. I'd note that Perl uses . but my preference would be _ (followed by whitespace, or at least not by something that would make it look like a variable name).

People with deeply masochistic tendencies might appreciate the link below, if unavailable Google might have a cache.

http://www.dlugosz.com/Perl6/web/APL.html

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ag72S4uAW30J:http://www.dlugosz.com/Perl6/web/APL.html%2B%22provide+SIMD+processing+without+writing+explicit+loops,+and+APL+also+has+the+feature%22&client=firefox-b&hl=en&ct=clnk