On 06/04/2017 08:00 AM, Paul Breneman wrote:
On 05/09/2014 07:06 PM, Paul Breneman wrote:
On 03/24/2014 12:08 PM, Paul Breneman wrote:
On 03/15/2014 07:33 PM, Paul Breneman wrote:
My main specialty is communication software (
www.turbocontrol.com/APro.htm ), so right now that is what I'm working
on.  I have a USB hub working with a keyboard on my Nexus 7 (via OTG),
but a FTDI USB-serial adapter doesn't show up in /dev so I hope to get
that (and some other Bluetooth and TCP/IP stuff) working next.

But a GUI Hello World would be nice!  I did install the "libc-dev"
package to compile a Synapse Synaser program so if anyone wants to try
www.CtrlTerm.com that would be appreciated.

My main (first) goal in this is to be able to run a single program (for
machine control) on an inexpensive tablet.  Maybe even with embedded
Firebird (I have an Android tablet with an Intel CPU if that is needed).

Well, maybe I can wait on doing more with Free Vision and use fpGUI
instead!  :)

GNURoot has been updated!  See this text: "WheezyX rootfs type added -
it has Xterms working. After launching it, use a vncviewer on your
Android device or you PC to connect to it."  Now I hope to get Control
Terminal working (first for WiFi and Bluetooth, then with USB OTG for
Ethernet and Serial)!

http://turbocontrol.com/gnuroot.htm

I just updated the above web page with a Control Terminal console program that uses Synapse to get the header of a web page.  Nice to see what can be done with a 2 MB zip and Free Pascal and Synapse. Thanks for the great tools!

Can I reply to a 3 year old message? I could use some help and feedback with this *simple* topic!

GNUroot (with new Android versions) no longer works with Free Pascal so I made this new page that has a link to a new wiki page:
   http://controlpascal.com/self-hosted.htm

There is a *new* Android program *UserLAnd* that replaces GNUroot so hopefully we'll soon have Free Pascal working again on Debian on Android: www.turbocontrol.com/userland.htm

Yes, I know that Free Pascal works on straight Debian (and Raspbian)...