On Wed, 2018-07-04 at 11:57 +0200, Tomas Hajny wrote:
> The .ini file should be translated to .inc using the data2inc utility
> (included with FPC as well) and then incorporated into the binary. This
> should happen automatically, but let's make sure it was the case for you
> as well.

The .inc file is not regenerated when running make in the fpcm directory.
At first the data2inc utility couldn't be found, fixed that by specifying
DATA2INC=path/to/data2inc. This still didn't regenerate the .inc file.  Tried
to generate only the .inc file by calling data2inc manually passing unmodified
fpcmake.ini as input - this resulted in a parsing error:

~/fpc/3.1.1/utils/fpcm $ ../bin/x86_64-linux/data2inc fpcmake.ini fpcmake.inc
processing file : fpcmake.ini
Some error with a \xxx constant or a stale (unescaped) backslash
Error in line : 35 Somewhere near :'OVERR'

Data2inc also gives an error when reading data2inc.exm, which seems strange.
Same error when testing data2inc of 3.0.4 (compiled from source). I've already
deleted, restored and rebuild the utils directory of trunk but get the same
error.

This is really strange because data2inc seems like a very mature tool.