Computers have been fast enough for many years already, except for the
latest 3-D games and some special tasks maybe.
I have used an AsRock BeeBox TV-box with a passively cooled Celeron
N3000 mobile CPU for few years now as my main computer. It still feels
fast! I bet the dual port RAM and SSDs help with that, although the
CPU is slow in today's standards.
Only Windows 10 running under VirtualBox is slow but I don't need to
start it often.

The new models of Celeron mobile CPUs are already much faster and
there are similar gadgets using them. Highly recommended!

Juha