I've been programming for decades with Pascal, starting with Turbo Pascal, and
for a few years now with Freepascal, and even wrote really complicated console
windows programs with Freepascal that do windows function calls... But now I
find that I would like to write a few windows GUI programs,  and well... I'm
clueless... I never learned windows GUI programming and don't have a clue about
how it's done, it's always been faster and easier to just keep doing what I
already understand, but now I have a few applications to write what would be
much better suited to a native windows application, so,   I am wondering if
there are any tutorials out there, hopefully specific to Freepascal and/or
Lazarus.  I need really basic stuff like how to open a message box, or how to
use windows file open, or save-as dialog boxes.. etc.. even a hello world
tutorial would be helpful... ok, so ZERO windows programming experience here...
  Any advice on where to start?