> On Nov 15, 2018, at 1:27 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> They are only useful when interacting with the external runtime. On other
> OSes nothing would support them thus there is no use for them. Additionally
> this requires extensive runtime, not to mention Objective C support.
> There is even less sense in trying to port them as Object Pascal has
> anonymous functions which are already Work In Progress for FPC.

I see, that’s too bad. Anonymous functions appear to be dead as far as I can
tell. In progress since 2012 I think?

Would it be permitted to add inline declarations of nested functions as a
temporary replacement? They don’t capture state but at least they solve the
issue of polluting namespace with named functions which you use in only one
location. Better than nothing (since that’s what we’re realistically looking
at) and no new complicated features.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph