Am Mo., 26. Nov. 2018, 03:12 hat Ryan Joseph <r...@thealchemistguild.com>
geschrieben:

> > On Nov 25, 2018, at 11:03 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal <
> fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
> >
> > It's a good thing that you saw the errors in your first design and
> rectified those in the third commit. ;) That commit however contains
> unnecessary noise (new line changes? space changes?), so when reworking the
> commits for a patch please try to get rid of these.
> >

> Yeah I don’t know what Git thinks changed so I just ignored it. Maybe my
> text editor (Sublime Text) changed the indention from tabs to spaces or
> something.
>
> It thinks these 2 lines are different for some reason (copied from git):
>
> -        if not (ocf_check_non_overloadable in ocf) and not
> isunaryoperatoroverloadable(t.nodetype,inlinenumber,ld) then
> +        if not (ocf_check_non_overloadable in ocf) and not
> isunaryoperatoroverloadable(t.nodetype,inlinenumber,ld) then

You could use an editor that shows non printable characters and check what
got changed there.

> > One thing that bothers me is the "lastonly" parameter. Why did you add
> that? In the two locations you added them you'd now have a problem if
> multiple helpers are in scope, but the last one does not contain the
> requested symbol. In my opinion that parameter is not needed at all.
>
> I was trying to reduce the exposure of my changes to the rest of the code
> base but I’ll remove it if you think it’s safe.

That's were running the testsuite comes in. Both for existing tests to
discover regressions and new tests to ensure that everything works as
expected.
In this case you'd write a test for the situation I described, run that an
notice that it won't even compile. Thus you'd learn that the "lastonly"
parameter made things worse.

A bit more information for testing FPC can be found here if you don't have
seen that already: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Testing_FPC

Regards,
Sven