Am 15.10.2019 um 23:46 schrieb Ryan Joseph:

On Oct 15, 2019, at 5:26 PM, Benito van der Zander <ben...@benibela.de> wrote:

you could do

var
   it: pointer;
   obj: TObject absolute it;
begin
   for it in list do
     begin
       // continue on like before using “obj” instead of “it"
     end;

That is a clever solution but it’s basically a sneaky trick around the
compilers excessively strict typing. The programmer knows the correct type but
there’s no way to tell that to the for loop.
Typecasting is a "sneaky trick around the compilers excessively strict typing" (sic!) as well. I personally use "absolute" very often when I want neither typecasts nor another temporary variable to clutter my code.

Regards,
Sven