> On Jan 2, 2020, at 2:51 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> What exactly are you trying to accomplish on which platform with which
> version?

I'm making an iOS platform layer in the style of SDL which needs to use iOS's
main loop which never returns until the program stops execution. Within the iOS
callbacks I need to then callback into the programs main begin..end block so
the user can establish their own event loop (which then uses threads to synch
between the 2 event loops).

I've got the SDL source code but I'm not understanding how they get control
back to the user even using the -XM flag. They have a function:

extern C_LINKAGE int SDL_main(int argc, char *argv[]);

which they call from within the iOS event loop and that calls the programs main
functions which was defined using -XMSDL_main

Sorry if that doesn't make sense but I barely understand the problem myself.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph