Hi,

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020, Noel Duffy via fpc-pascal wrote:

> > I have already fixed it, with a simplistic fix, I think. Committed as
> > SVN r44845.
> >
> Great, good to know it's fixed. Not having the SVN repo to hand, I can't
> tell how recent that revision is. Has this change made it to any
> released version of the compiler?

No. I just fixed it yesterday. :) So the fix is new. I'll probably get it
merged to the soon-to-be released 3.2, if no one objects.

> If it hasn't then I will have to either roll a custom function or look
> to falling back on the system native libc's inet_pton function.

You can compile yourself a custom version of the sockets unit from current
trunk too in the mean time. Or you can even patch 3.0.4, if you want.
Here's what's changed:

https://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/packages/rtl-extra/src/inc/sockets.inc?r1=44845&r2=44844&pathrev=44845

Falling back to inet_pton() is also an option indeed, if your program
already links against libc (for threading or other reasons), that might be
the easiest option.

Charlie