On 11/05/20 7:29 pm, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Mon, 11 May 2020, Noel Duffy via fpc-pascal wrote:

Example error messages:
sockets.inc(497,5) Error: Identifier not found "Result"

sockets.inc(510,53) Fatal: Syntax error, ":" expected but "identifier RES" found

for this definition:

  function convert_hextet(const s: ShortString; out res: Word): Boolean;

You are correct. The unit is compiled in fpc mode, which means no "result"
variable, no out param (replace with var).

Great. If var is available then the job is easy.

We can envision changing this mode, but then the whole unit needs to be
verified and checked for correct functioning, since it will redefine basic types as integer from 16 to 32 bit, change the meaning of string.

I don't think you will want to undertake that effort :)

I don't think I want to do it either! This certainly falls under the "If it ain't broke" maxim.

Thanks for the fast response.