> On Sep 1, 2020, at 7:46 PM, Tony Whyman via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> fpcmake is a pre-processor that generates makefiles for fpc projects. You can
> use it to do just about anything a standard makefile can do, including
> including resource files and running scripts. I use it all the time for
> building production versions of lazarus programs and prior to packaging the
> programs and resources in .deb and .rpm files.
>
> On 01/09/2020 13:37, Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal wrote:

Apparently there is fpmake and fpcmake, which I didn't know.

I guess what you're saying is that I start with fpcmake and get makefiles which
I can then use to do packing and all the stuff I need? I've thought of using
makefiles before but I ran into the problem of have all this logic that I need
to duplicate for each project. What I'm really after is something more like
lazbuild that takes a config file and does all the commands for you. I guess I
could even use lazbuild but again, the packaging doesn't seem possible since
lazbuild is so Lazarus focused (obviously).

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph