On Tue, 01 Sep 2020 22:46:55 +0200, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>STRANGE "SOLUTION", BUT WHY?
>----------------------------
>So even though I am not really using *anything* in LazSerial I added
>LazSerialPort back to the dependencies and rebuilt the application.
>Now the thread creation does no longer show any such exception!
>And the application runs properly.
>
>But I REALLY do not want to specify LazSerialPort as a dependency when
>it is the point of my work to *remove* LazSerial and Synapse from the
>project.
>
>What is going on and how can I find where it really goes astray?
>And what can LazSerial bring into this?

Further to this mystery:
If I remove LazSerialPort from the dependencies and instead put
SdpoSerialLaz there instead it also solves the problem:
- Program builds fine
- Program does not crash when the read thread is created.

But remove this so the only dependency is LCL then the program builds
but crashes when the read thread is created after the serial port has
been opened.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden