On Thu, 13 May 2021, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2021 12:42:14 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

The only attachment example I have (from Michael) brings in mime, which I don't
understand much of and the synapse docs are very hard reading too.

I guess we have a different understanding of "hard reading", then.

So right now I try to read up on how to actually handle the mime object here...

I found more reading and now I am a bit confused again:
When using MIME, why do you need to also set the recipient, sender etc for the
SMTP object when it is already part of the MIME object?

Recipient and sender are part of the SMTP protocol.

But they are totally independent from the headers that can appear in the
message.
This is how lots of people are caught with phishing.

Or does SMTP discard its own properties if a MIME package comes along?

No, it does not.

Just set both.