> On Jul 15, 2021, at 3:07 PM, Marco van de Voort via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> Not of TProcess as far as I know, it probably depends on the OS pipe
> implementation and maybe the granularity that the processes that you run
> outputs data.  (buffers its I/O iow calls write()  in 512 byte increments )

In this case the command is a PHP script that reads a file in 64k chunks and
writes the text to stdout (in PHP fread returns 64k chunks as expected).
TProcess looks like a pretty thin wrapper around pipes and  common unix system
calls so I don't know where the 512 limit could come from.

How could I test this further? I think something is wrong but I don't know
where to look. I'm on macOS btw.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph