On Wed, 11 Aug 2021, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal wrote:

I have for many years been using an install script I wrote to install a complete
freepascal/lazarus dev environment on Raspberry Pi devices.

The script uses subversion to get the sources for fpc and lazarus via svn based
on the specific tags.
Then the script installs the needed dependencies and makes the complete
installation on Raspberry Pi boxes.

Now I have this probles:
- The fpc svn server has been shut down so the source retrieval does not work

Please advice how to:
1) Find which is the latest release tag of fpc and lazarus
2) Retrieve the full sources for that tag on the command line from gitlab

(I do not need the sources to be "live", I can use an export that cannot be
updated because I am not participating in developing either tool.
But it must be something that can be incorporated in a script and run
unattended.)

As soon as I have the sources I believe the rest of my script will work just
fine...

I have used these lines in my script to accomplish the retrieval (with script
variables holding target location, tag and version):

echo "Downloading version $FPCVER of FPC"
cd "$FPCDIR"
svn co https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/$FPCTAG/ $FPCVER

# Get sources
git clone https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source.git  $FPCVER
# switch to branch/tag
cd $FPCVER
git checkout $FPCTAG
cd ..

echo "Downloading version $LAZVER of Lazarus"
cd "$LAZDIR"
svn co https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/$LAZTAG/ $LAZVER

# Get sources
git clone https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus.git  $LAZVER