I don't know if it's related, but I experienced a similar problem a few years ago.

It's a console dll written in Freepascal and compiled for Win64 and Linux (Ubuntu). It uses several threads and uses CheckSynchronize to make calls in the main thread.

The dll is loaded and used by a 4gl program (www.4js.com), I think the 4gl runtime is compiled with Visual C++ on Windows and GNU C++ on Linux.

With recent (a few years ago) Freepascal a similar CPU consumption when idle appeared, but only in Windows, not in Linux.

I didn't needed recent functionalities of Freepascal, so a dirty workaround for me for this project was to stick to Lazarus 1.6 / 2016 02 14 / FPC 3.0.0 / SVN 51360 (from menu Help/About Lazarus). I don't have the CPU consumption with this version.