Am 13.02.2022 um 10:25 schrieb Sven Barth via fpc-pascal:
Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org <mailto:fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org>> schrieb am So., 13. Feb. 2022, 09:47:

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2022, Mattias Gaertner via fpc-pascal wrote:

     > On Sat, 12 Feb 2022 12:14:14 +0100 (CET)
     > Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org
<mailto:fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org>>
     > wrote:
     >
     >> On Sat, 12 Feb 2022, Mattias Gaertner via fpc-pascal wrote:
     >>
     >> > Hi,
     >> >
     >> > This can't be right, can it?
     >> >
     >> > type
     >> >  TBird = class
     >> >    procedure Fly;
     >> >  end;
     >> >  TEagle = TBird; // alias
     >> >
     >> > procedure TEagle.Fly;
     >> > begin
     >> > end;
     >>
     >> Personally, I would not allow this.
     >> But Delphi compiles and runs it...
     >
     > ... and Delphi's class completion no longer works in the unit giving a
     > useless error "expected ';' but '.' found". So it is one of those
     > Delphi "features" compiling but not usable.

    I'm all for forbidding this in objfpc mode.

Then file a bug report for it. Cause it's definitely going to be one of the low priority things cause it's going to be annoying to fix...

I thought (famous last words), checking the typesyms of the tobjectdef would be
enough but who knows what else will bit :)