> On Apr 25, 2022, at 7:14 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> For some reason I don't get all mails by Ryan, so I reply here:
>
> Helpers currently can't be generic and even if they could be (which I do plan
> to add) it would require an explicit specialization of the helper to be used
> because the compiler will not be tasked with searching for potential generic
> helpers and then implicitly specializing a whole helper type with all its
> methods to maybe use it for an implicit specialization (and it needs to
> specialize the helper first to decide whether it even remotely contains
> suitable methods).

You could do a search for method names and parameters to see if a generic
helper was a candidate before specialization. That would reduce the possible
space for needless specializations right? For non-object types this would be
even less intrusive since it would only be competing with other helper methods.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph