I cannot remember why, but a long time ago when learning Delphi 5 or 6, I have
learned not to call the destructor from within any method of the class, only
from outside. If this is no longer true nowadays (or maybe, has never been true
before), I'd like to use this solution.

Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing -- you think this code
should work:

type
  TMyData = class
    method: TMethodWithParameters;