Hi all,

thank you for your thoughts and suggestions on this topic.

Tomas Hajny wrote:
I may be wrong, but I believe that the original poster meant that he was using a "regular" (32-bit) version of WinXP on x86 and wanted to cross-compile from there to aarch64-win64.
Yes, you are right. I have a XP machine as well as Windows 10, both 32-bit and 64-bit. So one of these should be the host. But it must be a cross-compiler for the ARM64 target, since I cannot operate a ARM64 machine running Windows. It is not accessible to me. It is a bit like the hen/egg-problem.

I am using fpc 3.2.2 on my XP machine (32-bit) successfully for building 32-bit and 64-bit DLLs for Windows x86/x64. My goal is to do the same for the ARM64 target.

Now I think of porting my pascal code to C++, installing MS Visual Studio and compiling it there. I am not a compiler compiler and will not be able to finalize or test a cross-compiler before using it.

Best regards,

Wolfgang