Op 25-06-2023 om 22:46 schreef James Richters via fpc-pascal:
I gave up on doing it directly, it seems SO convoluted to do with FPC with the COM unit and all this stuff I just don’t understand, and it’s SO simple to do with a VBS script in just 3 lines and it just works!(it would only be 2 lines if I didn’t want Microsoft Zira)
You didn't mention the version of FPC/Lazarus you were using.

I had a simple example which worked for me (but your example also directly worked for me in trunk).

program Project1;
{$mode objfpc}{$H+}
uses
  Classes, ComObj;
var
  Voice: olevariant;
begin
  Voice := CreateOLEObject('SAPI.SpVoice');
  Voice.Speak('I am speaking.', 0);
  Voice.Speak('I am also speaking.', 0);
end.

I didn't even have the problem with any EZeroDivide exception.

--
Grtz,
Rik van Kekem