On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 13:15:27 +0100, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>I tried to post this to the devel list but it seems to have failed so now
>trying
>the general list instead...
>
>See ticket:
>https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/issues/39295
>
>It was closed a year ago being purportedly resolved...
>
>But only for powerpc 64 bit...
>
>It is still there for aarch64-linux used by Pi-OS bookworm 64 bit, which is now
>the recommended version...
>
>RaspberryPi is a very popular platform so a solution for that is needed.
>
>I have tried building (via fpcupdeluxe) several revisions of fpc up to and
>including trunk, but all fail with the same error outlined in the ticket above.

Soon 4 weeks and no reply to this...  :(

I have now started using the Raspberry Pi5B with Pi-OS 64 bit bookworm and I
cannot get past the linking error when building fpc from sources, I have tried
the latest release 3.2.2 and also the pre-release 3.2.3 and 3.3.1 but all fail
with the same error:
undefined reference to `__libc_csu_init'

So now I tested to download what I think might be the trunk:
https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/archive/main/source-main.tar.gz

And with these sources the linker error disappears and the build all succeeds.

Could you not just make an intermediate tag for a version where this fix has
been solved for the arm64 architecture running aarch64-linux?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden